Sunday, September 15, 2013

FINALLY! A SELF ASSESSMENT (Day 3)

Good afternoon peeps,

Short blog.

I think I've got it. I've found an accurate way to describe this blog, and I did that via inspiration from a member of one of my google + groups. After evaluating my personality I've realized that I'm bluntly soft-spoken. I have a rather soft personality, however I can only take so much before I tell you the truth about yourself and will not back down. While I will try not to cuss you out, I can't continue to just let an individual treat me any kind of way that they wish.

The most recently memory of the realization is a former co-worker pointing out my soft personality and then there was an incident at a Toastmasters meeting. This guy said that it kind of makes people want to listen to what I have to say.

Unfortunately this is not w/o consequences. At work, this causes several client to try to pull a fast one on me. While I can't say names, this client stated that her husband was collecting unemployment, THEN later after reviewing this case, I saw that the unemployment stopped months ago. She then confessed that the husband recently started work! Seriously???? My laid back personality has also caused me to be an unfortunate target of pestering and berating, and I will confess y'all that I am at a point that I am on the verge of cussing someone at that place out and I'm not going to worry about status or the age difference. I stated this on an earlier blog, however this is me going public with a lot of what I've been wanting to say and I'm not holding back. I can't just say "fuck off" but I can say "that's a lie or that's not true". I don't get paid enough to just take any treatment from anyone be it a co-worker or a supervisor. My observation is that young adult workers are not taken seriously by administration at the agency that I'm at and if one does not appear to be always angry or their personality is not aggressive enough, then they are seen as easy to treat like dirt. I'm not asking to be exempt from any and all consequences, however I am asking to be treated with dignity and not be ripped to shreds every time I make a mistake.

Blunt yet soft spoken, confidently self-conscious the latter will be discussed in a later blog.

Sound off! If you like, follow the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment