Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 4-Career Paths (part 1)

I currently work as a caseworker, however I sporadically look at other jobs and I still put my resume out there. Monster sucks! The only jobs that respond are those sales jobs, which want you to sell products that nobody is really buying in this economy.

Anyway, I was driving one day when I came across a Cenikor (Briscoe Treatment Facility) agency. I checked the site and saw a position for a counselor, unfortunately the position required a certification that I did not have. I have been considering getting a master's in psychology for a while or school counseling in addition to the master's degree that I have in Instructional Technology. With that being said, I'm sick of school! I just like to have a back up plan in case the current ones fail.

I'm still trying to learn some more instructional design skills so that I can really put my master's degree to use and do some freelancing creating training packages and modules.Perhaps I'll be able to create some for the current agency that I'm in.  I'd like to learn web design and the like so I could get some clients and do this line of work for and perhaps train others how to do these things as well.

I tried court research for a bit, I tried to get some clients of my own via craigslist, etc and I've realized that craigslist is only good for spam and prostitution. So that did not work, then I got a job as a caseworker where I am currently.

I'm out for the night, I'll talk more on my next day. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment